www.msn.comA Hunter in Florida Got a Rare Brain Infection From Feral Hogs
A man’s habit of hunting feral pigs exposed him to a rare brain infection, doctors in Florida say. In a recent case report, they detail how the man developed a serious kind of infection that’s mostly disappeared in the U.S., caused by Brucella bacteria.
A couple of years ago, several cases took place in middle Georgia. It's not just under cooking the meat that spreads it. Handling the hog or items that have come into contact with the hog can also spread it. It is a nasty illness.
When I read the title the first thought I had is he didn’t cook it to 160 degrees or he had an open wound that was exposed.